SOLD OUT – This unique workshop, a three day master class with one of the world’s best digital image creators, British filmmaker Philip Bloom has sold out. No more places are available.
The group will be shooting & editing their own narrative eco documentary short.
INDIE FILM CLUB MIAMI in partnership with LOVE THE EVERGLADES activist group will be hosting an excursion that will include a shuttle bus and an air boat ride into the world heritage site and a home of 36 different threatened species, THE EVERGLADES. A wildlife haven and a home of the Miccosukee tribe.
- Know your camera – DSLRs & large sensor cameras – advanced
- How to get great audio
- How to prepare for a shoot. The importance of planning
- The art of the interview
- Knowing your story
- Telling the story through visuals and words
- The structure of a mini documentary
- How to shoot time-lapse
- A full day air boat and bus excursion to the EVERGLADES
- Hands on practice: implementing Day 1 techniques, interviewing with the Miccosukee elders, government officials and activists.
- Sunset shoot on the Miccosukee island at the edge of the National Park, see the Everglades come alive with a variety of birds, alligators and other wild live
- Cinematic storytelling with the right choice of lenses, camera positioning and lighting
- Shooting your creative film (short documentary or “beauty” film) in a group
- Post Production – editing & color grading
- Finishing & assessing the final product with other groups
PHILIP BLOOM is a world-renowned filmmaker who, for the past 7 years of his 24-year career has specialized in creating incredible film-like images with low budget video. Much of his iconic work, including BAFTA/ Raindance winning documentary “How to Start a Revolution”, are created with Canon DSLRs, but he doesn’t limit himself to one particular tool. As one of the biggest evangelists of low budget filmmaking, his website has become one of the key places to visit on the web to learn and get inspired, attracting over 1,000,000 a month.
“There is only ONE Everglades in the world and it is Dying” (Love The Everglades). Although efforts by federal, state, and local governments are underway to mitigate the legacy of destruction brought on by past follies, there is much more that needs to be done and quickly before it is too late. LOVE THE EVERGLADES bridges the talents, imaginations, and energies of the diversity that makes up South Florida.
Please ask us for our discounted hotel accommodation rates.
Please complete the form below for consideration. We are not looking for the most dazzling reels or impressive resumes. We are looking for students who will benefit the most from this unique learning experience!
$1399 – SOLD OUT!